Chief Executive - Commonwealth Games Federation
The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) is the organisation responsible for the direction and control of the Commonwealth Games. The Commonwealth Games is a unique, world class, multi-sport event, which is held every four years and often referred to as the ‘Friendly Games’. Its core values are; Humanity, Equality and Destiny - these values inspire and unite millions of people across the Commonwealth.
Over the last 14 years, the CGF has overseen successful Games in Manchester, Melbourne and Delhi with Glasgow set to follow in the summer of 2014. Mike Hooper, the Chief Executive of the CGF has announced his intention to leave the organisation after this year's Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. The CGF now seeks to appoint a new Chief Executive to succeed Mr Hooper following the Glasgow 2014 Games.
- The new Chief Executive must deliver the strategic aims of the Executive Board and General Assembly.
- He or she must be capable of leading a substantial and complex organisation and able to work with Sport & International Federations as well as businesses, politicians and the media.
- Lead the operational and financial Management of the organisation ensuring an efficient and effective operation within budget whilst anticipating and managing risk.
- We regard this as an exciting and wide-ranging job, requiring organisational and inspirational talents.
- Will have demonstrable operational and strategic experience in a senior leadership role with responsibility for staff and budgets including experience of creating a high performance culture that empowers people and fosters cross functional working;
- Provide business and commercial acumen, with the ability to negotiate contracts;
- Display excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong senior relationships across sport and non-sport stakeholders and partners, both nationally and internationally;
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to adapt to a wide variety of audiences including the media.
Closing date for applications: 14th March 2014.
Download Candidate Brief
Click here for vacancies at Glasgow 2014 Ltd, the Organising Committee for the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Gold Coast 2018
Click here for vacancies relating to the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.